🎈🎈🎈Summer SAT, PSAT Prorgram 🎈🎈🎈
95% of the students in the summer program have improved their testing scores. All parents will have a one to one meeting with the teacher on July 19 and July 20.
🎈🎈🎈2018 Presidential Scholar Semifinalist🎈🎈🎈
Congratulations to one of our students who is honored to get into the semifinalist list for 2018 U.S. Presidential Scholar. Also congratulations to one of our students (out of 14 FCPS) who received the National Merit Scholarship Corporation Award!!!
- National Merit Scholarship Corporations
- FCPS Students Received the Corporation Scholarship
- U.S. President’s Scholar Semifinalist
🎈🎈🎈Congratulations to Public Speaking Contest Winners
Congratulations to our students (T, H, and A) who won first place and third place for high school and third place for middle school on April 28 at the Washington DC Metropolitan Area Public Speaking and Leadership Competition. Our student B. W. also won first place in 2017 contest. Thanks Coach Edmond for his dedication, commitment, and hard work in teaching and coaching.
🎈🎈🎈2018 College Admission Update – March 30, 2018🎈🎈🎈
Early Admission and Regular Admission for 2017-18:
- Yale (1)
- Brown University (1)
- MIT (1)
- Duke (4)
- Cornell (4)
- Johns Hopkins (1)
- NYU (3)
- New York State University (1 with scholarship)
- U.Chicago (2)
- CalTech (1)
- UVA (> 12)
- U. of Pennsylvania (1)
- U. of Illinois Champaign (3)
- W&M (4 & 1 student with scholarship)
- VT (2 scholarship)
- U. of Maryland College Park (1 scholarship)
- U. of Notre Dame (1)
***The above list was updated as of 3/30/2018. We expect more lists to be added for 2017-2018 admission. Please contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and Congratulations to all the seniors!
Congratulations 🎈🎈🎈 to the students of 2022 class!!! 🎈🎈🎈
2018 Spring Newsletter
The following is a quick update for 2017-18 College Regular admission and Early Admission as of 4/1/2018. Students have been admitted to the following colleges: Yale, UPenn, MIT, Duke, NYU, Cornell, UVA, U of Illinois, Notre Dame, Brown U., VT, CalTech, U of Chicago, W&M, Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and other great schools in the year of 2017-2018 college admission. We expect more students to share and to report to us. Congratulations to all the students of 2022 class! Link to: http://www.oaktonacademy.com/college-admission-consulting/
The impressive list of highly selective and widely respected colleges and universities to which our Oakton Academy students have been accepted this year is a result of their hard work and strong goals. We are always impressed by our students’ work in 9th graders’ Critical Reading and Writing, 10th and 11th graders’ PSAT and SAT Prep, 11th and 12th graders’ AP Calculus, and AP Physics, as well as 11th to 12th graders’ College Application Workshop.
Year after year, our students exceed expectations, raising their SAT scores by an average of 100 or more points! It is that kind of effort and dedication which results in the students’ college acceptances. Congratulations class of 2018! It has been a privilege to be a part of your journey.
Congratulations to our seniors (9 students reported as of 9/25/17) who got selected to be NMS (National Merit Scholarship) Semifinalists. One additional student reported on 9/27 that he also got into the semifinalist’ list. They are currently seniors and took the PSAT last October (2016). Oakton Academy is proud to recognize the 9 students (reported as of September 25, 2017), who have been honored as NMS Semifinalists. Each of the 9 students completed our SAT or/and Critical Reading and Writing class, honing skills which supported and led to their success. The teachers at Oakton Academy are dedicated to students’ work and achievement and recognize the students as shining examples of their hard work, talent, and dedication it takes to achieve this award. Congratulations to the seniors and their families. We wish our students more success in the school year of 2018.
2017 SAT Summer Camp was again a great success! The program has received overwhelming praise from both parents and students. Students received weekly updates, went through initial assessment, mid-term exam, and final exam. The class had improvement, ranging from 50 to 150 points. The highest score in the final exam is 1550 (770/780). Kudos to our excellent teachers and our hard working students!
Below is the most recent report results from 2017 SAT exams.
*A Special Message from SAT Instructor Ms. Murphy (9/18/2017, 10/20/2017)*
For the past 3 years it has been a privilege and joy to use my (Ms. Murphy) 35 years of experience as an educator to guide Oakton Academy students to success on the English SAT exam. I am enormously proud of our students’ success. It is proof of their diligence. My classes teach students to apply their already impressive language skills to a higher level, employing tactics resulting in increases ranging from 60 to 150 points. The highest SAT Score is 780/800 and the highest essay score is 8-7-7! Congratulations to our graduates! Your hard work has given you success. I am proud to be your teacher!” – Ms. Murphy
2017 October SAT Test Reports:
- Student 1: SAT Math 750; SAT Physics 730
- Student 2: SAT Math 770; SAT Physics 770
- Student 3: SAT Math 800; SAT Physics 800
- Student 4: 1520 (730/790)
- Student 5: 1540 (750/790)
- Student 6: 1520 (720/800)
- Student 7: 1540 (750/790)
- Student 8: 1440 (720/720)
2017 August SAT Test Reports: the following included the results of those who reported to us as of Sept 18, 2017!
- Student 1: 1490 (730/760)
- Student 2: 1570 (770/800)
- Student 3: 1580 (780/800)
- Student 4: 1510 (730/780)
- Student 5: 1550 (760/790)
- Student 6: 1540 (740/800)
- Student 7: 1550 (750/800)
- Student 8: 1560 (760/800)
- Student 9: 1480 (700/780)
- Student 10: 1470 (710/760)
2017 May/June SAT Test Results:
- Student 1: 1500 (740/760)
- Student 2: 1570 (780/790)
- Student 3: 1570 (770/800)
- Student 4: 1540 (740/800)
- Student 5: 1540 (740/800)
- Student 6: 1530 (740/790)
- Student 7: 1500 (740/760)
- Student 8: SAT Physics (770)
- Student 9: SAT Physics (800)
- We do not publish students’ names as we agree to protect their privacy. Congratulations to those who have reported to us, and who have achieved such excellent scores on their SAT exam!
A note from a parent:
J. C. took Ms. Murphy’s SAT summer camp last year, she (from Langley HS) just received 1570 from the May SAT test. We are thrilled and would like to thank Ms. Murphy and Oakton Academy for the excellent SAT program. J. took the mock exam last summer when she was a sophomore, and she receive 1470 at that time. During her 1:1 review with Ms. Murphy, the teacher told J that she should be able to gain 100 points, and J actually made it happen!
We are very grateful for the high quality of the program, the most experienced teachers, they are the experts in SAT, the positive and friendly learning environment that Oakton Academy has created. My daughter J loved it so much, and thank you again!”
2016 October SAT Test Results:
- Student 1: English 780, Essay 7-8-8, Math 770
- Student 2: English 750, Essay 7-7-7, Math 770
- Student 3: English 720, Essay 7-7-7, Math 800
- Student 4: English 740, Essay 7-8-8, Math 800
- More Juniors (2016) will take the SAT in January 2017. An intensive SAT class is held in late December. Congratulations to the students who worked hard and achieved such excellent SAT scores!!!
2016 November SAT Test Results:
- Student 1: 700/770
- Student 2: 770/800
- Student 3: 750/770
- Student 4: 730/750
- Essays range from 17 – 24 (total score of 24, 8-8-8); some received high scores of 7-8-8; and 8-8-7 for Essay Writing
2016 December SAT Test Results:
- Student 1: 740/770
- Student 2: 750/790
- Student 3: 750/800
- Student 4: 790/780
- Pending more students to report (due to holiday, many are out of town). Congratulations to the hard working students!
2017 January SAT Test Results: (*SAT Honored Club)
- Student 1: 720/800
- Student 2: 740/790
- Student 3: 720/800
- Student 4: 750/680
- Student 5: 790/790
- Student 6: <700/790
- Student 7: <700/790
- A quick update on SAT Test Reports (Oct/Nov/Dec 2016 and Jan 2017). The results demonstrated the value and strength of our SAT program, which received overwhelming praise from parents and students.
- Students who took Ms. Murphy’s Critical Reading/Writing at 10th Grade; and took her SAT over the summer. They achieved scores as high as listed above (720-800).
- Parents are very grateful to Ms. Murphy’s Reading and Writing class, and the SAT training class. Student Joanne said that “Ms. Murphy’s class definitely helped me achieve 750 for English, and 7-7-7 for the essay writing. I took one semester’s CRW class; and then the summer SAT with Ms. Murphy. She is the most experienced English teacher I have had. I could not have gotten these high scores without herhelp.” Another student John’s parent commented: “John only participated in the intensive session for 10 days; he improved a lot in his reading part, which was normally his weakness; we are very happy that he got 720/800. Thanks Ms. Murphy very much for your help.” We congratulate the students for their hard work, diligent practice, and outstanding results!
- One student joined the Winter Intensive SAT Review, and achieved 720/800. The student received the highest score of 790/790; she joined our summer PSAT/SAT camp, and diligently practiced for three months before January 21 SAT test. Congratulations to all our students!!!
- College Board Practice Tests: