April 29 Free Educational Event
- Schedule: 4/29, Sunday (2-4 pm)
- Location: Westifled High School, Room #R104
- Speakers: Leading instructors of English, Math, Science, Public Speaking, AP Calculus, AP Physics.
- Special guest speaker: Mr. Peter B, who has been an educator, administrator, and counselor for private schools for more than 25 years. He owned B.A. from Wesleyan University and M. A. from Harvard University. It is a great honor to have Mr. Peter join us on April 29 (2-4pm).
🎈🎈🎈2018 Presidential Scholar Semifinalist
Congratulations to one of our students who is honored to get into the semifinalist list for 2018 U.S. Presidential Scholar. Also congratulations to one of the students (out of 14 FCPS) who received the National Merit Scholarship Corporation Award!!!
- National Merit Scholarship Corporations
- FCPS Students Received the Corporation Scholarship
- U.S. President’s Scholar Semifinalist
🎈🎈🎈2017-2018 College Admission Link: Congratulations
3/29/2018: Congratulations to our students who have been admitted to the following schools as of 3/30/2018, including early admission and regular admission: Yale, UPenn, MIT, Duke, NYU, Cornell, UVA, U of Illinois, Notre Dame, Brown University, VT, CalTech, U of Chicago, W&M, Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and other top schools in the year of 2017-2018 college admission. Congratulations to all the students and their families! Please review more information on the following links:
- Link: College Admission Workshop
- Link: Congratulations
A group of 8th graders who took our fall and summer PSAT, TJ, AOS, and SSAT review classes were admitted to AOS, TJ, and private school, including Madeira, St. Jones, National Cathedral School, and other top national private schools. Congratulations to them and we wish them great success in high school.
Both parents and students reported that the Intensive Essay Writing class, the SIS Essay prep class, the PSAT review class, as well as our summer Advanced TJ and AOS Reading/Writing Classes have helped them exceed in the admission tests of TJ, AOS, and SSAT for private schools. Congratulations!!!
The impressive list of highly selective and widely respected colleges and universities (Yale, MIT, Upenn, Brown, etc.), Presidential Scholar Award (semifinalist), National Merit Scholarship Corporation Award to which our Oakton Academy students have been accepted this year (2018) is a result of their hard work and strong goals. We are always impressed by our students’ work in 9th graders’ Critical Reading and Writing, 10th and 11th graders’ PSAT and SAT Prep, 11th and 12th graders’ AP Calculus, and AP Physics, as well as 11th to 12th graders’ College Application Workshop.
🎈🎈🎈Link to: Congratulations
2018 Summer Programs
- 2705 Hunter Mill Rd, Vienna, Oakton, VA 22124.
- Near McLean, Falls Church, Vienna, Oakton, Chantilly, Centreville, Fairfax, Virginia
- Summer Camps: 6/25-7/20/2018, 8:45 am – 5 pm
- Summer Weekends: 6/16-8/4/2018, opens 10 am – 4 pm
- Registration: www.oaktonacademy.com
- Contact: email@example.com; 571-354-7199
9/10/11th Grade PSAT/SAT English/Math
- Highly qualified SAT instructors
- Small Class Size
- Individual attention, 1:1 essay writing conference
- Excellent SAT Test Report from former students
- Average 50-120 points increase
- One students who got admitted in 2018 to Yale/Upenn/MIT/Brown/Georgetown received 790/800 SAT score in 2017. Congratulations to her and her family!!!
- One student who got nominated to the semifinalist of U.S. Presidential Scholar received 770/800 SAT score
7/8th Grade Advanced Reading/Writing/Math/Science
- TJ, AOS, Private School Admission Test Prep
- SIS (student information statement essay writing practice
- Excellent enrichment program for rising 7/8th graders
- Many students who attended the summer camp, SIS Essay, and PSAT prep got into the semifinalists of TJ, AOS, and Private high school admissions
- Some students got admitted to governor’s magnet schools and received presidential award from private schools with scholarship (St.Jones, National Cathedral School)
- Class materials include ACT (high school) Reading and Science, Quant Q materials on Math problem solving skills; Critical Reading and Math from PSAT, and other supplemental resources
5-6-7th Grade Science/Reading/Writing/Public Speaking
- Daily Science Experiment
- Reading, vocabulary, writing (including magazine and newspaper reading)
- Science Olympiad Subjects Review
- Important components in the students’ learning journey, including their future middle and high school standard tests (SOL, TJ, AOS, SSAT, etc).
9-12th Grade, Saturday Classes (8 – 12 sessions); Jun 16-Aug 4
- AP Physics/Honors Physics Fundamentals, 10 am – 12 (Saturday), 7-9 pm (Thursday), 12 sessions
- AP Calculus Fundamentals, 12 – 2 pm (8 sessions)
- Intro to Pre-Calculus, 2-4 pm (8 sessions)
- Intro to Geometry, 10 – 12 noon (8 sessions)
- Public Speaking/Debate Class
- SAT August Intensive Session (8/20-8/25), 9 am – 12 noon
College Application Workshop (7/7 – 8/4)
Click the Link: Congratulations 🎈🎈🎈Congratulations 🎈🎈🎈
College Application and Essay Workshop
- College Admission Interview
- College Application Form and Completion
- Click the Link: College Application
- 5 days’ Workshop: to help students complete College Application Forms, Common App Essays, and Mock Interview
Highly Qualified Teachers and Bios
- Dedicated, disciplined, and determined teachers
- Small class size
- 1:1 individual counseling, coaching, and advice on Essay Writings
- Positive, proactive, and persistent teaching philosophy
- Enthusiastic, engaged, energetic
- Training students to be compassionate, to be good citizens, to have the qualities of critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and connecting the dots